Comprehensive Women’s Healthcare
The care and complete well-being of women in our community is a top priority at Lone Star Family Health Center. We provide a full range of services, education and counseling for women of all ages from adolescence through menopause and into the golden years.
Early detection is critical for women to beat the threat of breast and cervical cancer. Through grants from Texas Department of State Health Services’ Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening, we are able to provide free screenings and mammograms to qualified women. If further care is needed as the result of a mammogram, women can readily see an eligibility counselor to discuss payment assistance.
The specialized care for women we provide includes:
- Well Woman Visits
- Birth Control Counseling & Prescriptions
- Prenatal Care & Delivery
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Screenings
- Menopause Care
We are women at LSFHC. So, we know that women have special health needs and concerns. That’s why we offer a wide range of healthcare services for women like you, including treatments for:
- General gynecologic conditions and pelvic pain
- Menstrual problems
- Hormonal imbalance
- Menopause and perimenopause
- Ovarian cysts
- Fibroids and uterine fibroids
- Incontinence and bladder controls
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Pregnancy Counseling & Services
When it comes to having a baby, you will have many questions and we have the answers and advice. From pre-pregnancy counseling and tests through delivery and caring for a newborn, we are here to help you.
We provide a broad range of prenatal services such as:
- Monthly, bi-monthly and weekly checkups during your pregnancy
- Ultrasound: to check on your baby’s development, size and position
- Fetal echocardiogram: to check on your baby’s heart, when necessary
- Blood Tests: to check on your health and test for generic disorders
When it’s time for delivery, we’re there for you as well. We deliver hundreds of babies each year, one at a time.
It’s so important that women receive the healthcare they need, especially when they suspect that something isn’t right. To make sure women get the healthcare they need, we work hard to find financial assistance for all who aren’t covered by private insurance.