Lone Star FaLone Star Family Health Center is continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and taking extra steps within our clinics to help ensure the health and safety of our community, patients and staff. All locations are open and we are testing for COVID-19 at our Conroe clinic location.
COVID-19 Third/Booster Vaccine:
The FDA has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose. Lone Star Family Health Center is offering a third dose of the Moderna vaccine to qualifying patients of the health center at this time. Patients can call 936-539-4004 to schedule a vaccine appointment.
For the general public or anyone vaccinated at a county mass vaccination event, please visit vaccines.gov to find a vaccine provider near you.
Safety measures currently in place at all clinics:
- Screening all patients and staff for symptoms
- Sending all patients and staff with symptoms to our testing location in Conroe
- Requiring staff and all patients and visitors 2 years of age and older to wear face masks or cloth face coverings within the clinics and exam rooms. If a patient or visitor does not have a mask or cloth face covering, a face mask will be provided to them. If a patient or visitor is unwilling to wear one, they will be offered a virtual visit, depending on the nature of their visit.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of clinics
- Requesting patients to limit the number of guests they bring with them to the clinic
- Providing virtual visits for certain patients
- The health center is currently testing new and established patients of the health center for COVID-19
- Testing can be scheduled in advance by calling 936-539-4004
- All patients will be evaluated by a licensed staff physician to determine if testing is necessary
- Testing is provided for individuals experiencing symptoms or with exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Symptoms are similar to other respiratory illnesses (common cold and flu) and may appear 2-14 days after exposure. This can include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of sense of taste and/or smell
- Body chills
- Persistent headache