Nationally Recognized Residency Program
Training tomorrow’s family physicians in pursuing excellence in compassionate patient care
OUR RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Conroe Family Medicine Residency program is nationally recognized for operating a family medicine residency program that graduates 10 doctors annually. This enables us to deliver cost-effective treatment, while also integrating the most advanced concepts in the medical field.
Due to our extensive history of consistently graduating highly skilled physicians that are experienced with supporting the underserved community, the Conroe Family Medicine Residency Program has become increasingly competitive. In 2017 alone, we received more than 1,700 applications, interviewed 115 of the top candidates, and ultimately selected 10 to join our program and begin their journey in July 2017.
Our unique program delivers
- Broad Spectrum Training
- Holistic & compassionate care for individuals and families – prenatal to death
- Competency in all settings inpatient, outpatient, nursing home, LTAC, as well as from rural to the urban underserved
- Performance in providing exceptional care regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, age, education level, financial standing, etc.
- Optimal utilization of resources delivering the most cost-efficient care for all patients
- Compassion & Professionalism
- Fostering a culture of empathy, compassion, and respectable care for patients, colleagues, and the healthcare system
- Instilling commitment for life-long learning to continually develop knowledge, skillset, self-awareness, and continuous improvement
- Demonstrating honesty, trustworthiness, accountability, and patient commitment
- Promoting a non-punititve environment for open and constructive feedback
- Leading Healthcare & Making a Difference
- Fostering scholarship and innovative solutions to address community needs and social determinents of health
- Educating patients, policy makers, and the community
- Advocating for family medicine and its role in primary and preventative care
The Conroe Family Medicine Residency Program was originally founded in 1979 as the “Montgomery County Medical Education Foundation” by a team of physicians who set out to establish a Family Medicine residency program in the local area. Our first three residents graduated in June 1985.
We proudly partnered with the University of Texas Health Science center from 1983-1994, and the University of Texas Medical Branch from 1994-2000. Today, our residency program is sponsored by Conroe Medical Education Foundation and is fully accredited with commendation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
With the commitment of our training physicians combined with our intensive program has graduated residents with a 100% pass rate on Board Certification Examination offered by the American Board of Family Medicine.
AN INSPIRATIONAL OUTLOOK
The Conroe Family Medicine Residency Program is excited about the future in our mission to produce the best and most experienced physicians. We are pleased to have support from Houston Healthcare – Conroe, Conroe Medical Education Foundation, and Lone Star Family Health Center, as well as from our local community. This independent sponsorship enables greater operational control, both educationally and financially, and ultimately allows us to continue to grow and evolve the program – ensuring our residents obtain top tier & competitive training. To date, we are nationally recognized as a Teaching Health Center in
Graduate Medical Education, and because our facility is designated as Federally Qualified Health Center, we can also offer wide range of additional services.
We are proud to offer two unique training tracks in our residency program one to the “Underserved” to focus on caring for the lower income and poverty population and “Obstetrical” to focus on the family planning and women’s health.