Financial Information Overview
We provide high quality, state-of-the-art, compassionate healthcare to all in our community who need it…whether they are insured, underinsured, uninsured or on Medicare or Medicaid…everyone. While Lone Star Family Health Center is not a free clinic, we work with families and individuals to help provide the healthcare everyone needs. Our goal is to find ways our patients can quickly and easily access affordable, quality healthcare when needed.
Our bilingual financial counselors will work with your specific situation to discover if you are eligible for financial assistance from a federal, state, or local program. We will work with you to take advantage of payment options including:
- The Affordable Care Act
- Discounted and sliding-fee services
Financial counselors are available every weekday. You can walk-in to set a time to meet a counselor at any of our locations by speaking with our front desk staff.
We welcome Medicaid patients to make us their health home and we accept most Medicaid and Medicaid HMO plans along with both CHIP and CHIP Perinatal.
We can help you sign up for Medicaid at our Conroe location. Simply visit our Conroe facility and ask the front desk staff to set up a time for you to meet with our Medicaid specialist. At that meeting, you will need to provide our specialist:
- Valid photo ID
- Proof of income
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- If you are pregnant, bring proof of pregnancy (if you believe you may be pregnant, you can get a free pregnancy test at any of our locations)
Sliding Fee Discount Program
We provide the Sliding Fee Discount Program to patients needing assistance with the costs of healthcare. Eligibility is based on family income and household size only. To receive these discounts, an application must be submitted. Applications can be picked up at any of our locations or downloaded from our website. Discounts help cover the costs of all health services, and patients may apply at any clinic location or by working with one of our Community Health Workers or Eligibility Specialists.
You will need complete an application for discount services. Pick up and application at any of our locations or download, print and fill out one prior to your appointment. To determine qualification, please bring with you to your appointment:
- Completed Application that includes the names of all household members
- Proof of income for all individuals living at the address (even if not currently employed). This can be given through the following documents:
- Copy of last year’s income tax return, including Schedule C- if self-employed
- Paycheck stubs from the last two pay periods
- Copy of the unemployment award letter showing max benefit amount
- Proof of other household income: Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) award letter for the current year, Retirement Survivor Disability Income (RSDI), retirement income, alimony, pension or other income
- A legible letter from your employer(s) stating your current wages per week if you are paid in cash for services.
- A legible letter from the applicant stating your current wages per week if you are paid in cash for services and unable to provide letter from your employer. Your letter must include a statement as to why you are unable to obtain a letter from your employer.
- If no reported income, a completed and signed Statement of Financial Support from the individual/organization that supports you
Financial counselors are available weekdays to help you apply for discounts. Appointments with a counselor can be made at any of our locations.
Download the Sliding Fee Requirements and Application Here
For patients who prefer to skip the application process or may not be qualified for other assistance, we offer discounted fees for self-payment prior to clinic services.
Payment due at time of service:
- $100.00 for new patients
- $75.00 for existing patients
Patient Payment Responsibilities:
- All services are required to be paid in full at time of service
- If additional services are performed during the visit, additional charges may occur
- If your visit changes from a well visit to a sick visit, or if a problem, issue or concern is discussed with the doctor, additional charges may occur
- If payment arrangements are not made for balances, we may prevent scheduling of future appointments
Affordable Care Act
Our Enrollment Manager stands ready to help you understand what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has to offer you. The basic guidelines as follows: