Financial Information Overview
We provide high quality, state-of-the-art, compassionate healthcare to all in our community who need it…whether they are insured, underinsured, uninsured or on Medicare or Medicaid…everyone. While Lone Star Family Health Center is not a free clinic, we work with families and individuals to help provide the healthcare everyone needs. Our goal is to find ways our patients can quickly and easily access affordable, quality healthcare when needed.
Our bilingual financial counselors will work with your specific situation to discover if you are eligible for financial assistance from a federal, state, or local program. We will work with you to take advantage of payment options including:
- The Affordable Care Act
- Discounted and sliding-fee services
Financial counselors are available every weekday. You can walk-in to set a time to meet a counselor at any of our locations by speaking with our front desk staff.
We welcome Medicaid patients to make us their health home and we accept most Medicaid and Medicaid HMO plans along with both CHIP and CHIP Perinatal.
We can help you sign up for Medicaid at our Conroe location. Simply visit our Conroe facility and ask the front desk staff to set up a time for you to meet with our Medicaid specialist. At that meeting, you will need to provide our specialist:
- Valid photo ID
- Proof of income
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- If you are pregnant, bring proof of pregnancy (if you believe you may be pregnant, you can get a free pregnancy test at any of our locations)
For patients who do not qualify for other assistance, we offer a sliding-fee payment scale that provides discounted rates for services if you qualify. Discounts help cover the costs of doctor visits, x-rays, mental health services, vasectomies and prescriptions filled at our pharmacy. Grant funding is also available to cover birth control and the costs of breast cancer and cervical cancer screenings and treatments for qualified patients. Both discounts and grant funding are based on the total income at the patient’s physical address.
You will need complete an application for discount services or grant funding. Pick up and application at any of our locations or download, print and fill out one prior to your appointment. To determine qualification, please bring with you to your appointment:
- A valid ID (valid driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, voter ID card, or a valid ID from your country of origin)
- Proof of Address such as:
- Copy of your most recent utility bill
- Lease or mortgage documentation
- Proof of income such as:
- 2 to 3 current pay stubs
- A typed and notarized letter from your employer stating your dates of employment and wages if you are paid in cash and not able to provide a paycheck stub
- A notarized letter from the applicant declaring current wage per week if you are paid in cash or do not have check stubs
- Tax returns, including Schedule C, if you are self-employed
- Award letters of unemployment, retirement, social security, disability and child support
- A signed letter of support from the person who helps you with living expenses if you have no family income (letter must verify that you reside at the physical address and have the name and contact information of the person writing the letter)
- etc (download the Application and Requirements information for a full list)
Financial counselors are available weekdays to help you apply for discounts. Appointments with a counselor can be made at any of our locations.
Download the Sliding Fee Requirements and Application Here
For patients who prefer to skip the application process or may not be qualified for other assistance, we offer discounted fees for self-payment prior to clinic services.
Payment due at time of service:
- $100.00 for new patients
- $75.00 for existing patients
Patient Payment Responsibilities:
- All services are required to be paid in full at time of service
- If additional services are performed during the visit, additional charges may occur
- If your visit changes from a well visit to a sick visit, or if a problem, issue or concern is discussed with the doctor, additional charges may occur
- If payment arrangements are not made for balances, we may prevent scheduling of future appointments
Affordable Care Act
Our Enrollment Manager stands ready to help you understand what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has to offer you. The basic guidelines as follows: