The Dental Office Manager is responsible for directing the day-to-day business operations through directing and developing a high performing office team and building positive relationships with the dentists. The Dental Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of daily operations, finance, management and excellence (both clinical and administrative). The Dental Office Manager champions behaviors to drive superior levels of patient service and employee satisfaction.
• Create, establish and manage dental office protocols and procedures to ensure office efficiency.
• Hire and train staff to respond to patients’ needs and manage billing systems.
• Works collaboratively and assists the Dental Director with monitoring patient care, managing risk and achieving quality goals.
• Acts as a liaison and provides support to dentists and staff.
• Determine staff schedules and ensure operational standards are met.
• Provide reception, clerical support, and schedule clinic patients as needed.
• Manage patient scheduling and direct patient traffic flow.
• Assist dental director in assuring productive, full schedules for each provider.
• Provide regular follow-up to ensure that patients arrive for their appointments.
• Respond to patient issues and ensure patient satisfaction.
• Manages and assists designated office team members with appropriate payment and insurance processes.
• Present treatment plans and coordinate benefits to patients.
• Organize and present financial arrangements to patients.
• Oversee payment collections from patients.
• Run and analyze management financial reports.
• Oversee the processing of dental claims.
• Coordinate with dental insurance companies to ensure claims are paid.
• Assists in budget preparation.
• Participate in community wide health promotion and education activities.
• Performs payroll duties and tracks team member hours.
• Manage specialist referral and correspondence process.
• Assist the Dental Director and dental staff with duties of the dental office when asked.
• Ensure patient records/information are securely stored, held confidential and are in compliance with privacy and security regulations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Service Administration or related field, with preference for Graduate Degree.
RDA experience preferred.
Minimum 5+ years’ experience of dental office management required.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
Proficiency in Dentrix software preferred.
Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of dental practice management, clinical procedures, systems implementation and technology maintenance needed.