Financial Information Overview
We provide high quality, state-of-the-art, compassionate healthcare to all in our community who need it…whether they are insured, underinsured, uninsured or on Medicare or Medicaid…everyone. While Lone Star Family Health Center is not a free clinic, we work with families and individuals to help provide the healthcare everyone needs. Our goal is to find ways our patients can quickly and easily access affordable, quality healthcare when needed.
Our bilingual financial counselors will work with your specific situation to discover if you are eligible for financial assistance from a federal, state, or local program. We will work with you to take advantage of payment options including:
- The Affordable Care Act
- Discounted and sliding-fee services
Financial counselors are available every weekday. You can walk-in to set a time to meet a counselor at any of our locations by speaking with our front desk staff.
Affordable Care Act
Our Enrollment Manager stands ready to help you understand what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has to offer you. The basic guidelines as follows:
The enrollment period for coverage under the ACA runs from November 1st to January 31st each year. We can help you understand what benefits you qualify for through the Healthcare Marketplace and help you sign up.
Enrollment for coverage through the Affordable Care Act can be acquired throughout the year if you have a qualifying life event such as:
- A birth or death in the family
- Loss of insurance coverage
- Loss of Medicaid or CHIP
- A recent move
- Gaining of lawful presence in the United States through:
- Employment authorization
- Certain visas
- Receiving a notice of action letter (I-797) from INS
- Becoming a citizen
We can help you with enrollment in any of these cases.
Enrollment for coverage under the ACA typically requires you to provide the following information or documentation:
- Social Security Numbers for all family members
- Immigration documents if you are a non-US citizen
- Proof of income (pay stubs and your most recent income tax return)
- Your username and password if you were previously received coverage under the Healthcare Marketplace
We welcome Medicaid patients to make us their health home and we accept most Medicaid and Medicaid HMO plans along with both CHIP and CHIP Perinatal.
We can help you sign up for Medicaid at our Conroe location. Simply visit our Conroe facility and ask the front desk staff to set up a time for you to meet with our Medicaid specialist. At that meeting, you will need to provide our specialist:
- Valid photo ID
- Proof of income
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number
- If you are pregnant, bring proof of pregnancy (if you believe you may be pregnant, you can get a free pregnancy test at any of our locations)
For patients who do not qualify for other assistance, we offer a sliding-fee payment scale that provides discounted rates for services if you qualify. Discounts help cover the costs of doctor visits, x-rays, mental health services, vasectomies and prescriptions filled at our pharmacy. Grant funding is also available to cover birth control and the costs of breast cancer and cervical cancer screenings and treatments for qualified patients. Both discounts and grant funding are based on the total income at the patient’s physical address.
You will need complete an application for discount services or grant funding. Pick up and application at any of our locations or download, print and filled out one prior to your appointment. For your appointment to determine qualification, please bring with you:
- A valid ID (birth certificate, passport or a valid ID from your country of origin)
- Proof of income such as:
- 2 to 3 current pay stubs
- A notarized letter from an employer OR a notarized letter from the applicant declaring current wage per week if you are paid in cash or do not have check stubs
- Tax returns if you are self-employed
- Award letters of unemployment, retirement, social security, disability and child support
- Three months of bank statements
- A copy of your most recent utility bill
Financial counselors are available weekdays to help you apply for discounts. Appointments with a counselor can be made at any of our locations.
For patients who prefer to skip the application process or may not be qualified for other assistance, we offer discounted fees for self-payment prior to clinic services.
Payment due at time of service:
- $100.00 for new patients
- $75.00 for existing patients
Patient Payment Responsibilities:
- All services are required to be paid in full at time of service
- If additional services are performed during the visit, additional charges may occur
- If your visit changes from a well visit to a sick visit, or if a problem, issue or concern is discussed with the doctor, additional charges may occur
- If payment arrangements are not made for balances, we may prevent scheduling of future appointments